[pygtk] gtk.gdk.Pixbuf scaling broken with PyGTK 2.22 and Python 2.7

Smartboy smartboyathome at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 01:38:04 WST 2010

I'm trying to scale a pixbuf in my application, but it seems that both
gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size and gtk.gdk.Pixbuf.scale_simple are
broken since the image remains at its current size regardless of which I

Here is some sample code:
self.hrPixbuf = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size('rulePix.svg', 675,
1) # Also tried with PNG, same result as with svg
tmpPixbuf = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file('rulePix.svg')
self.hrPixbuf = tmpPixbuf.scale_simple(675, 1, gtk.gdk.INTERP_BILINEAR)
# Tried the other INTERPs, but none worked.