[pygtk] Develop GUI for uav Ground station

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:01:53 WST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 21:37 +0530, nipun batra wrote:
> I intend to develop a GUI using gtk+ and glade or Pygtk+ .
> It should have the following capabilities:
> .moving map display like google earth with waypoints and current uav
> position
> .receive and send data serially
> more standard gui features
> .display a virtual cockpit like in flight simulators.

Hi,

I have written two UAV groundstations with Python/PyGtk/PyOpenGL. You
can see an early example of one of them here [1]

I also wrote a moving map widget and python bindings, which you can find
here [2]

If you would like to collaborate on future UAV work then please contact
me on github [3].

John

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/nzjrs/2786524612/
[2] http://nzjrs.github.com/osm-gps-map