[pygtk] Preventing Window Refresh

Damien Moore damienlmoore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 08:57:16 WST 2009

Unfortunately, wrapping the sequence with window hide/show doesn't help.

I spent a little time tracing my code. After my sequence of calls:

def clicked_signal(self,button_widget):
  self.widget1.hide()
  self.widget2.hide()
  self.widget3.hide()
  self.widget4.hide()
  self.window.fullscreen()

the following happens

1. the requested widgets get hidden,
2. a configure event gets sent telling my widgets to use the full extent of
the window
3. the window goes full screen
4. another configure event occurs telling my widgets to use the full screen.

This sequence seems to happen irrespective of what order I make the
hide/fullscreen calls (i.e. if I make the fullscreen call first, the hide
events seem to occur before the fullscreen event)

I need some mechanism to prevent the first configure (at step 2) from
happening or ignoring it because it looks really ugly....