[pygtk] Printing pedigree chart/family tree

Alexandru Blass blassmegod at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 00:02:51 WST 2009

Hy,

You could try to use pyblassreports on http://pyblassreports.sourceforge.net/, it's something like Crystal Reports.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timo List" <timomlists at gmail.com>
To: pygtk at daa.com.au
Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2009 3:52:32 PM GMT +02:00 Athens, Beirut, Bucharest, Istanbul
Subject: [pygtk] Printing pedigree chart/family tree

Hello,

In my application, the user can set up a pedigree and then print it out.
I do this with cairo, draw lines and boxes with text in it.
Now I'd like to extend this, so the user can choose what information there should be in the boxes, how many generations, etc.. I can hardcode some templates and use them (like I do now with 1), but it is alot of work.

So, is there an easy way to generate pedigree charts/family trees, and then print them out with PyGTK? I read about reportlab, will this satisfy my needs?

Cheers,
Timo