[pygtk] PolicyKit from Python

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Feb 8 01:13:18 WST 2008

(Dunno if you got my other reply, I think Evolution ate it)

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 16:19 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Thanks. I figured out a bit more since I sent the email, but I'm still
> having no luck. I blogged about it:
> http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2008/02/07/gnome-lirc-properties-using-policykit-to-get-sudo-access/

Does this work

 $ dbus-send --session --print-reply \
             --dest=org.freedesktop.PolicyKit.AuthenticationAgent / \
             org.freedesktop.PolicyKit.AuthenticationAgent.ObtainAuthorization \
             string:org.freedesktop.hal.storage.crypto-setup-fixed \
             uint32:0 \

replacing org.freedesktop.hal.storage.crypto-setup-fixed of course with
what you need. If so it should work from python too. Assuming of course
the application is running unprivileged.