[pygtk] Subclassing gtk.ToolItem

zsolt foldvari zsolt.foldvari at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 20:12:34 WST 2008

I'm trying to subclass gtk.ToolItem to include a custom widget into it.

Now, when I tried to override the gtk.ToolItem.set_tooltip() method
python crashes with:

python: Objects/stringobject.c:107: PyString_FromString: Assertion
`str != ((void *)0)' failed.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Zsolt

<code>

class ComboToolItem(gtk.ToolItem):

    __gtype_name__ = "ComboToolItem"

    def __init__(self):
        gtk.ToolItem.__init__(self)

        self.combobox = gtk.combo_box_entry_new_text()
        self.combobox.show()
        self.add(self.combobox)

    def do_set_tooltip(self, tooltips, tip_text=None, tip_private=None):
        gtk.ToolItem.set_tooltip(tooltips, tip_text, tip_private)

        tooltips.set_tip(self.combobox, tip_text, tip_private)

class ComboToolAction(gtk.Action):

    __gtype_name__ = "ComboToolAction"

    def __init__(self, name, label, tooltip, stock_id):
        gtk.Action.__init__(self, name, label, tooltip, stock_id)

ComboToolAction.set_tool_item_type(ComboToolItem)

</code>