[pygtk] Reporting bugs in PyGTK

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at jeppesen.com
Thu Apr 10 15:38:41 WST 2008

Hi all,

I wonder if somebody could point me at some guidelines regarding bugs in
PyGTK...

Every time I come across some issue I always wonder whether it should be
reported as a PyGTK bug or a GTK+ bug. As I only use GTK+ via PyGTK I
can't always make this distinction. But I guess PyGTK is a fairly thin
layer on top of GTK+ so I mostly suspect GTK+...

My questions:
a) Do the GTK+ people accept example code using Python and PyGTK? Or do
they need C examples that use GTK+ directly? I guess some of them might
not speak python...
b) Do the PyGTK people mind getting masses of bugs assigned to them that
are actually GTK+ issues? Or will they freely and quickly reassign them
with a smile and some helpful additional info?
c) If you're unsure, what should you do by default?

Regards,
Geoff