[pygtk] Glade + Gtk question...

cucap tuffgongbob at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:58:29 WST 2007

Hello everyone, I'm new to DaniWeb and a sort of beginner at Python. I've
created a GUI in Python using Glade and GTK and I have two questions. I'm
having trouble with comboboxes. Particularly with entering data into a combo
box from Python. I've tried the following....

myCombo = self.wTree.get_widget('comboboxentry')
myCombo.append_text('blah blah blah')

to no avail... apparently you have to first do gtk.combo_box_new_text()
before you can append text. Is this possible when using Glade to construct
my GUI?

My second question is this.. How do I create a ListBox using Glade or GTK. I
would like eventually to be able to grab text from a line via mouse click.
For example, a list of files appear in a text area and the user would be
able to double click on the file and be able to delete it etc... Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sent from the Gtk+ - Python mailing list archive at Nabble.com.