[pygtk] Best pattern for keyboard accelerators in dialog

Richard Taylor rjt-pygtk at thegrindstone.me.uk
Fri Jan 26 17:49:51 WST 2007

Hi

I have a Window that has a number of widgets placed in it, including a
TreeView, a Frame (containing more widgets), buttons etc.

The Frame contains a table with Labels, CheckButton and Edit widgets.

I would like to provide keyboard accelerators that move the focus to the
appropriate Widget. I want to underline a letter in each label and link
Alt-<letter> to switch to the Edit widget alongside the Label. I would like
these accelerators to work regardless of which widget has the focus.

I would really like to keep the handling of these accelerators inside the
abstractions of the sub-widgets. The Frame is implemented as a subclass of
gtkFrame and I want to be able to plug in different Frames into the main
Window with different keybindings.

Is there a good pattern for coding this type of thing or an example of another
app that I can take a look at?

Regards

Richard