[pygtk] Interrupting a recursive mainloop from the outside...

Thomas Mills Hinkle tmhinkle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:24:27 WST 2006

I'm trying to interrupt an embedded mainloop from my application. The
mainloop is run inside of a dialog (actually, it's a dialog that was then
reframed in the main app (in a notebook tab) in order to create the feel of
multiple "screens" rather than multiple windows). Anyway, when the window on
the main app is closed, my app quits (main_quit()), but the recursive
mainloop isn't getting killed.

I've tried making the dialog emit a RESPONSE_CANCEL signal and I've tried
actually grabbing the cancel button in the dialog and making it emit a
'clicked' signal, but neither of these things work.

Is there an easy way to interrupt the embedded mainloop or should do I have
to abandon my loopy swallowed-dialog design?

Tom