[pygtk] Greek letter delta using Pango markup?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Aug 15 23:54:01 WST 2006

    Brian> From a gnome desktop, Acessories=>Charachter Map, select greek,
    Brian> then drag and drop the character into the label field of the
    Brian> widget propeties dialog.

That worked, sort of.  I can drag and drop the character into the label,
however all it displays (in both Glade and the application) is a box with
the Unicode code point for the character:

    0 3
    9 4

arranged as shown.  This is true even if I run Glade with LC_CTYPE set to
utf8.  I also tried entering the decimal entity reference "Δ".  It
still displayed the boxed Unicode value.

Thx,

Skip