[pygtk] ANNOUNCE: PyGTK 2.5.3 released (unstable)

Johan Dahlin johan at gnome.org
Sun Jan 23 10:19:34 WST 2005

I just put up a tarball of PyGTK 2.5.4 on ftp.gnome.org, it can be
fetched from:

   ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-python/2.5/

once the mirrors have synced correctly.

This release contains mostly, if not only bug fixes, so if you ran into
any problems using 2.5.2, please upgrade to this one.

What's new since 2.5.2?
         - Revert some threading changes (Gustavo)
         - Build improvements (Johan)
         - Im
prove pixmap functions (John F)
         - GObject type registration fixes (Gustavo)
         - Code generator fixes (Johan, Gustavo)
         - Plug mem leaks (Mark McLoughlin)
         - Flag/Enum bug fixes (Gustavo)

The wrapping for 2.5.x widgets should be pretty complete, but it might
have some missing functionality, make sure to us it together with the
latest version of Johns reference manual, found at:

   http://www.moeraki.com/pygtkreference/pygtk2reference/index.html

This is an unstable release and needs to be well tested, so we're happy
if users and developers can test their program against it, but don't be
surprised if you find a bug or two.

Enjoy.

--
Johan Dahlin <johan at gnome.org>