[pygtk] ANNOUNCE: pygtk-1.99.10 and gnome-python-1.99.10
PyGTK List <email@example.com>
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:54:15 +0800
I have just released new versions of pygtk and gnome-python targetted at
the GTK/GNOME 2.0 platform. These packages contain python bindings for
gtk and various other libraries. You will need python >= 2.2 to build
You can download pygtk from either of:
And gnome-python can be found at:
You will require a copy of orbit-python to build gnome-python, which can
be found at:
Alternatively if you are using jhbuild, simply add "meta-gnome-python"
to the list of modules you build. This will give you pygtk,
orbit-python and gnome-python.
Some of the new features in this pygtk release include:
* Make code generator handle (caller-owns-return ...) clause in defs
file. Also fixed a bug where the code generated to read fields
from an object was assuming that it owned the return sometimes
(which was particularly bad for strings, as it would then free
* Some function name changes in the gtk.gl module (stripping off
gtk_gl_ or gdk_gl_ prefix).
* Handling of unsigned int/long types improved (so it can accept a
python long that represents the unsigned value). (Matt Wilson)
* A number of extra GtkTree functions have been wrapped, including
* GtkTreeModel.get_path() now expects a single argument -- a tuple
of integers (rather than a variable number of integer arguments).
New features in this gnome-python release include:
* Update GConf module to work with recent GConf releases (removed
accessors for some fields).
* Added GtkHTML2 binding (Matt Wilson).
* Install defs files so that other bindings can build on top of them.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Linux.conf.au 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | http://conf.linux.org.au/cfp.html